So you’ve decided to start looking for a new home. That means you now have to make your home look the best that it can, so you can get the most out of your buyers. There are a few things that most realtors will tell you that can up the asking price of your home, and most of them won’t break the bank. Before you call us to help you move, here are a few home improvements that you can do to get more money when selling your home.
Start With The Kitchen
The kitchen is most popular room in the home (at least it is, for me!) and the more time you spend making it look better and giving it more functionality, the happier your home’s buyer will be.
- Add a backsplash. Make the wall behind your stove and counter pop with an eye-catching backsplash!
- Upgrade to stainless steel. Buyers want to see stainless steel in their kitchens. It will require an investment, but you will likely get it back on closing.
- Add a rack. Racks above islands are not only handy, but they also create more storage space to put your oversized pots and pans. If your home buyer loves to cook, then they’ll love a kitchen that’s geared towards them.
Move To The Bathroom
- Let talk about the lighting. Eliminate overhead lighting in favor of softer, wall-mount options.
- Upgrade your faucet. That faucet that came with the house is probably not in style anymore, so invest in elegance and install one that’s fit for a spa!
- Add shower heads. Home buyers nowadays are flocking to homes that have multiple shower heads to focus on different parts of the body. Installing a fixture that will make showering more relaxing will make your home stand out.
- Take care of your lawn. Your lawn is likely the first thing that a potential home buyer notices when they come to visit. If you have trees and bushes that look like they need a good trimming, then you may have turned away a buyer.
- Plant flowers. By adding a splash of color, you will draw eyes to your home when a potential buyer drives by.
- Give it a coat of paint. By freshening up your home’s exterior paint, you’re leading with your best foot forward!